We issue more than 50 scholarships every year at the National Sex Ed Conference!
The Conference does not work without our volunteers; it is a massive undertaking, and we need the help! We offer reduced registration in trade for time volunteering, such has helping with swag bags, monitoring workshops, and networking! In order to have another 50+ volunteersÂ attend, our fundraising goal is $20,000. Will you help?
What is Pay It Forward?
Pay It Forward is a scholarship that provides professionals with a reduced registration rate for the Center for Sex Educationâ€™s (CSE) National Sex Ed Conference. Pay It Forward scholarship recipients provide important volunteer services which allow them to learn and network with the nationally-recognized staff of The CSE and workshop presenters throughout the Sex Ed Conference.
Want to help underwrite the fund?
If you are willing to help a student or working professional come to the CSEâ€™s National Sex Ed Conference, you can make a contribution to the Pay it Forward fund! If you are registering for the conference, you can include a scholarship contribution when you register – there is an option on the registration form. Or, if you do not plan to attend the conference you can donate usingÂ this onlineÂ formÂ or if you would like to mail us a check, please make the check payable to â€œThe Center for Sex Educationâ€, with a memo for â€œPay it Forwardâ€, and send to:
The Center for Sex Education
Attn: Accounts Receivable
196 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
Whether you donate online or by mail, your contribution to a Pay It Forward scholarship is very much appreciated!
What assistance do scholarship recipients receive?
The number of Pay It Forward scholarships we are able to provide depends on the amount that is contributed to the total scholarship fund. Last year we were able to assist 50 individuals. Pay It Forward scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $300-$400+ toward the full-conference registration fee. Some smaller awards may also be available to applicants who do not receive these awards. The Pay It Forward scholarship will be applied to the recipientâ€™s conference registration fee and scholarship applicants agree to be responsible for the remaining $100 balance.
How do I apply for a Pay It Forward scholarship?
Deadline for all applications will be August 15, 2020. Click here to apply!
When will I be notified?
Scholarship recipients will be notified by email by September 30, 2020. We must receive confirmation of acceptance of the scholarship, as well as registration and payment of $100 by October 15, 2020. Failure to respond and register will result in a loss of the scholarship, which will be awarded to another applicant.
Terms and Conditions
Submission of a Pay It Forward scholarship application confirms that you understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions if you are awarded a scholarship:
- I did NOT receive a Pay It Forward scholarship for last year’s National Sex Ed Conference.
- If awarded a scholarship, I agree to register for the National Sex Ed Conference, and to pay a reduced registration fee of $100 by October 15, 2020.
- I agree to be responsible for my own lodging and travel expenses.
- I agree to attend the 2020 NSEC Conference on all dates (from December 8-11), including arriving in time to attend ALL Pay It Forward trainings.
- I agree to participate in Pay It Forward meetings before and on the day(s) of conference attendance. These meetings will be brief and will assure clarity about roles and responsibilities.
- I agree to assist as a workshop moderator, or other aspect of the conference, as assigned, for each day I attend.
- I am at least 18 years old.
- The CSE must receive your completed Pay It Forward Scholarship Application with your resume by August 15, 2020.
Click here to apply!